22 March 2016
Hawaii received 66 applications for business licenses from 59 companies. Final decisions on the business permits are expected April 15, and license winners can open July 15.
The panel that will determine winners includes:
- H. David Bess, a professor of management and transportation at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Phyllis Shimabukuro-Geiser, deputy to the chairperson of the Hawaii Department of Agriculture.
- Keith Ridley, chief of the Office of Health Care Assurance within the Hawaii State Department of Health.
- James Duffy, Jr., a retired associate justice of the Hawaii State Supreme Court.
- John Fisher III, a scientific director of Keystone Laboratories and a lab inspector for the College of American Pathologists.
Hawaii’s MMJ program is advancing in other ways as well.