You can’t say it is a boring week!
Cannabis platforms are on the move.
Weedmaps is listing, Weedweek is going behind a paywall and now Leafwire has announced a crowdfunding exercise, we learn, via a marketing email sent out by LA Cannabis News and on the platform itself.
Peter Vogel CEO, Leafwire writes…
For the first time ever, Leafwire launched a public fundraise – we are now accepting investments online (at a minimum accessible to more than just venture funds) to take the company to its next stage of growth.
Now’s your chance to own a piece of Leafwire!
We have already raised over 40% towards our target minimum, so I encourage you to invest early to claim your spot and be a part of our success.
Leafwire is offering securities under Regulation CF and Rule 506(c) of Regulation D through SI Securities, LLC (“SI Securities”). The Company has filed a Form C with the Securities and Exchange Commission in connection with its offering, a copy of which may be obtained at
AND …The timing is right. 5 new states just legalized cannabis
Each time a state legalizes, our industry grows and Leafwire is perfectly positioned to be the platform to support the growth. And, according to a recent Gallop Poll, 68% of Americans approve of full federal legalization.
We’re raising money to continue to support our current growth, expand our marketing efforts, enhance technical development efforts and speed up feature development.
There is more detail
- Member base has grown by over 700% since January 1, 2019, to a current size of 36,100+ members
- Members have sent 710,000+ Connection Requests to other Leafwire Members since launch
- 2020 YTD revenue is over $196k (as of October 2020), representing a 75%+ increase from full-year 2019 (unaudited)
- Members have created 15,000+ Company Profiles on the platform
- Job board features 1,000+ open Cannabis and Hemp jobs
- Total Round Size: US $1,500,000
- : Seed
- Minimum Investment: US $500 per investor
- : Crowd Note
- : US $8,000,000
- : US $893,680
- Side by Side Offering
We built Leafwire because the cannabis industry needed a safe, cannabis-focused platform to connect, share news, promote events, find employees and just simply network. Our goal is to build Leafwire to be a Linkedin-like platform for the cannabis and hemp business community.
Leafwire is a ‘Freemium’ model where members can join for free and choose to pay for some of Leafwire’s premium features including advertising in our emails, advertising on the platform, Marketplace Listings, job posts and premium monthly subscriptions.
The cannabis business community has embraced Leafwire and we’ve generated significant traction over the last 2 years.
Member Growth – Since Jan. 2019, our member base has grown by 700%, with a current base of more than 36,000 members (as of Oct. 2020)
Engagement – Since Jan. 2019, our Monthly Active Users has grown by 400%, with a current level of more than 25,000 (as of Oct. 2020)
Revenue – Since Feb. 2019 (first month of meaningful revenue in our current revenue stream), our monthly revenue has grown by 500% reaching $25,000+ in Oct. 2020.
As part of our company roadmap, Leafwire intends to:
- Focus significant efforts on growing the Leafwire Job Board
- Launch Leafwire Premium, the premium level of monthly membership
- Add a ticketing functionality to our Events Tab to allow companies to create and manage events via Leafwire
- Build a Leafwire mobile app to provide all of Leafwire’s existing functionalities, but also function as an Events App that conference organizers could use when hosting events. Leafwire members could then network with people, not just at home, but while at events and schedule in-person meetings via the Leafwire App
- Add a ‘Vouching’ functionality where members can recommend companies by ‘Vouching’ for them and members can see how many ‘Vouches’ a company has and even see who has ‘Vouched’ for them