Welcome to the Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA). DATIA’s mission is to provide education, resources, and advocacy to those involved in and interested in drug and alcohol testing. We trust that you will find a wealth of information to assist you and your organization here at datia.org. If you are a member, please login to the right to have full access to the many online resources available to you. While non-members have access to some portions of the website you will need to join to gain access to archives, Resources, and Advocacy documents.
Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA) Mission and Purpose
DATIA’s mission includes:
- To promote the highest possible standards of professionalism and quality control in the drug and alcohol testing industry, and develop and oversee education, certification, and accreditation programs for the drug and alcohol testing industry,
- To serve as the coordinated voice for the industry on regulatory and legislative matters of drug and alcohol testing and collection issues as well as drug free workplace regulatory issues;
- To serve as a body for discussion and resolution of common problems and issues affecting the drug and alcohol testing industry;
- To inform its members of issues affecting their businesses through newsletters, legislative alerts and meetings;
- To collect and disseminate information on drug and alcohol service and product providers through a national directory distributed to business and the general public; and,
- To actively cooperate with other entities, organizations, and service providers involved with or affected by drug and alcohol testing on common interests and concerns, including but not limited to, substance abuse professionals, substance abuse program administrators, employee assistance professionals, Medical Review Officers, testing laboratories and employer trade associations.
The Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA) was founded in 1995 and has grown to represent over 1500 member companies, and expanded its scope. DATIA now represents the entire spectrum of drug and alcohol service providers including collection sites, laboratories, consortiums/TPAs, MROs, and testing equipment manufacturers.
As a company in the drug and alcohol testing industry, there are three principal reasons you should join DATIA.
First, DATIA’s key benefits, including our newsletters, publications, Nationwide Product and Service Searchable Database, conferences, and accreditation program, are crucial to keeping members informed, competitive, and cost effective in the drug and alcohol testing industry.
Second, DATIA’s current activities and outreach efforts with the business community and federal government to expand the market for workplace drug and alcohol testing services produces growth and increased opportunities for your organization and the industry.
Third, DATIA’s active representation of your interests in Washington, DC ensures that the industry’s voice is heard by key policymakers in Congress and Federal Agencies — on issues that your business depends on. The drug and alcohol testing industry depends on this favorable legislative and regulatory climate, because the industry was effectively created in 1986 by the Drug Free Workplace Act, and the Dept. of Transportation rules serve as a model for most testing programs. Clearly, these rules affect the continued health and growth of our industry.