The Regulatory Compliance Manager supporting the CPG business will be the knowledge expert for cannabis compliance regulations related to wholesale operations in states where GTI cultivates and processes cannabis and cannabis-infused products and in expansion markets as the company grows. This individual will work closely with the Quality & Compliance and Brand Development teams to support wholesale operations to ensure compliance with all aspects of cannabis regulations and will report to the Director of Regulatory Compliance.
- Understand the letter and spirit of the cannabis rules and regulations and be able to apply and effectively communicate them to wholesale operations, wholesale quality & compliance, and product brand & packaging team.
- Seek feedback from CPG team on any proposed rules and regulations.
- Disseminate state/local regulatory bulletins, updates and notices and prepare communication on how the changes affect operations. Assist sites as needed to implement the changes.
- Under direction of the Director of Regulatory Compliance, provide regulatory guidance and ongoing regulatory compliance support to wholesale facilities related to new product development, and packaging and labeling.
- Maintain regular dialog with the Quality & Compliance team, GTI R&D, and product brand & packaging teams and provide updates to upper management.
- Liaison with on-site quality and compliance personnel on completion of monthly/quarterly/annual regulatory compliance reports and submit reports to the regulatory agencies to ensure each facility meets the state’s deadlines on reporting requirements.
- Become a proficient user of the company’s document control system.
- Assist with special projects as directed by the Director of Regulatory Compliance.
- Assist site Quality & Compliance team, as needed, to establish and maintain good rapport and communication with inspectors, state police and regulatory agencies.
- Assist the Quality & Compliance team and new facility opening team to ensure all regulatory compliance requirements are in place to pass inspection by the cannabis regulatory agency for wholesale operations.
- Assist the Quality & Compliance team, as requested, with submissions of variances, modifications, and alteration change requests to the regulatory agencies for approval.
- Assist the Quality & Compliance team, as requested, with submission of updated plans and SOP changes to the regulatory agencies for review and approval.
- Assist the Quality & Compliance team, as requested, with internal regulatory compliance audits to prepare the facility for regulatory inspection.
- Assist the Quality & Compliance team with reviews of internal compliance audits/regulatory inspection reports to identify reoccurring compliance issues.
- Minimum 5 years CPG manufacturing compliance experience required.
- FDA regulatory proficiency is a plus.
- Knowledge of compliance in a highly regulated industry such as cannabis, alcohol, tobacco, or pharmaceuticals preferred.
- Good communication is a must.
- Project management skills to see tasks through to completion.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry