The Presidential Cannabis Pardon Page Now Live

Certificate of Pardon for the Offense of Simple Possession of Marijuana on or before October 6, 2022

On October 6, 2022, President Biden issued a presidential proclamation that pardons federal convictions for simple marijuana possession offenses.

How a pardon can help you

A pardon is an expression of the President’s forgiveness. It does not signify innocence or expunge the conviction. But it may remove civil disabilities — such as restrictions on the right to vote, to hold office, or to sit on a jury — that are imposed because of the pardoned conviction. It may also be helpful in obtaining licenses, bonding, or employment. Learn more about the pardon

How to qualify for the pardon

You qualify for the pardon if:

  • On or before October 6, 2022, you were charged with or convicted of simple possession of marijuana by either a federal or D.C. Superior court
  • You were a U.S. citizen or lawfully present in the United States at the time of the offense
  • You were a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident on October 6, 2022

Request a certificate to show proof of the pardon

A Certificate of Pardon is proof that you were pardoned under the proclamation. The certificate is the only documentation you will receive of the pardon.

What you’ll need for the request

About you

You must provide personal details like name, mailing address, email address, and citizenship status.


About the charge or conviction

You must state whether it was a charge or conviction, the court district where it happened, and the date (month, day, year). If possible, you should also:

  • provide information about your case (docket or case number and the code section that was charged)
  • provide copies of documentation, such as:
    • charging documents (indictment, complaint, or criminal information); or
    • conviction documents (judgment of conviction or the court docket sheet showing the sentence and date it was imposed)

Without this information, we can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to determine if you qualify for the pardon under the proclamation.

How to submit a request

The fastest way to submit a request is online through this website. If you send us the request form (PDF) by email or mail, it may take longer to process it.


You can submit a request for yourself or someone else can submit it on your behalf.


By email

Download the request form (PDF) and email the completed form to If you include charging or conviction documents with the request, attach PDF copies of them to the email.


By mail

Print the request form (PDF) and mail the completed form to:


U.S. Department of Justice
Office of the Pardon Attorney
950 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20530

If you are including charging or conviction documents with the request, send copies of them with the request form.


Online on this website

Read more  HERE


Primary Sponsor


Karma Koala Podcast

Top Marijuana Blog