Here’s the precis and details
A potent little herb is radically changing culture as it buds into the mainstream. In 2015, Americans spent $3.4B on legal marijuana in an industry expected to be worth up to $35B by 2020. This growing marijuana space is a vast opportunity for entrepreneurs and brands across industries – many of which have nothing to do with traditional pot. As our taste for cannabis grows, the taboo associated with marijuana is being lifted: Weed is not only changing culture, but culture is changing weed. Shedding its illicit roots, marijuana is shaking up everything from design to food, and politics to education. And this is only the beginning of the cannabis cultural revolution.
Find out how your brand can slice into this pot of disruption.
Our report examines
• How the mainstreaming of marijuana is shifting culture and affecting business ideology.
• How cannabis is becoming a lifestyle ingredient in beauty, food, fashion, and more.
• From retail to weddings, gaming to tourism, how marijuana is transforming the experience economy.
• The language and stigmas of marijuana and their prevalence among influential social demographics.
• How marijuana is influencing modern family dynamics across medicine, recreation and education.
• Looking at the future of marijuana where it’s only beginning to bud: in sports partnerships, VR, and even dating.
97 pp., 25 illustrations
For this report, sparks & honey conducted proprietary research and interviewed cannabis industry experts. We surveyed 1,000 people, who had used marijuana at least once, in states where cannabis is legal. Using social listening tools, we gauged public sentiment around the mainstreaming of marijuana over the last six months, and consulted with High Times on the cannabis industry. Tapping into our global scout network and proprietary cultural intelligence system, we combed through thousands of signals to build a vision of the future cultural landscape of cannabis.